On my first few days back in Siargao, I lost almost half a kilo a day. And then I plateaued with only 1.5 kilos left to lose.
And then I gained back half a kilo. Damned PMS. That's pre and present, by the way.
In my defense, I don't think it's an entirely faulty line of reasoning to believe that the faster I consume everything that I have in stock that I'm not supposed have, the sooner I can get started on my diet. Right???
- The ice cream is gone. (I had about three Magnums left.)
- All the chocolate chip cookies are gone.
- I have one pack of Oreos left. (Freeze your Oreos, folks. I don't know why I was frying them when they're so much better when they're frozen.)
- I've gone through most of my mostly-healthy trail mix. (It would be completely healthy if it weren't for the honeyed sunflower seeds and honeyed cashew nuts, which aren't so much unhealthy as they are fattening, but I also have dark chocolate-covered something-fruit-something-something that cannot be all that healthy because the something-fruit-something-something is obviously unidentifiable. I add the trail mix to my fruit in the morning. When I'm not having Spam or danggit, that is.)
- The Tocino Spam is gone.
- I still have danggit (dried fish). Lots of it. I think I had them for four days running. Maybe five. And it still looks like I haven't made a dent in the supply! I hope there isn't some multiplication-of-loaves-and-fish nonsense going on in the kitchen, because I will eat all of it. Come to think of it, I also have an awful lot of bread in the freezer...
- Still working my way through the cheese Nicolas got for me in Portugal. I have three left. I think.
- The caramel with bacon bits is gone, although I do have another jar but, for as long as it remains unopened, it should be safe.
I'm screwed, aren't I?
Well, I did make a very yummy Paleo adobo (with coconut water and coconut vinegar). Which I ate with very yummy un-Paleo rice. And I made a very good Paleo tabbouleh (with cauliflower), but I was so hungry afterwards, I made a grilled ham and cheese sandwich.
Slowly, slowly... Very, very slowly...
But I haven't had a drink and I haven't had a smoke. Which might change tonight. But, for as long as I'm drinking and smoking less, that's got to be a good thing, no?
And I did catch up with the World Largest Gym Class' August Challenge and my sobriety has allowed me to have the rest days I deserve - today, being one of them. I've decided to take a complete rest day on these rest days, which means no walking of dogs, no biking and no swimming. Rest days are good. I love rest days.
I'm also sleeping better. I've gone from having four hours of sleep to six. Except for the nights when I stay up doing TV series marathons or when I get hooked on a project. I've been putting off planning our Chile holiday (and, in the process of putting it off, I've managed to get a whole lot of other stuff done that I've been meaning to do for ages), but I finally got into it last night and stayed up way past my bedtime doing research, because that's when the internet is fastest. Which will explain why I am groggy today (- had to wake up at 5:30 AM to go to the market, which got canceled anyway so I'm also a bit grumpy), and I'm relieved that it's a rest day.
I resumed oil pulling and haven't used toothpaste since I started. Because when I'm not oil pulling, I'm brushing my teeth and rinsing with hydrogen peroxide. Here's an article that looks into the supposed benefits of hydrogen peroxide and, while it says that its use as a replacement for toothpaste and mouthwash should be limited, it still might be better than toothpaste. Here's a disturbing report on Colgate Total.
So I'm not entirely hopeless. I'm still doing the following:
- Walking: 2-4+ km. (When Nicolas walks with me - maybe, twice a week, I only walk 2 km., but when he isn't around or isn't up to it, then I have to walk the dogs one at a time, hence the 4 km., which I do at least three times a week.)
- Biking: 10+ km.
- Swimming: 1+ km.
It's just those damned 1.5 kilos... I mean, 2 kilos. Dammit.